Subscribe to my full feed.
Home

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Dita brings burlesque to the masses

DITA VON TEESEShe's the world's most famous burlesque dancer and Dita Von Teese is bringing her special seductive moves to the UK.

The Tinselown performer, who was once married to rocker Marilyn Manson, wowed the public as she signed copies of Burlesque and The Art Of The Teese at Waterstone's in London

She is also set to entertain crowds at the Erotica show at Olympia - where she will perform her seductive Bird of Paradise Show, Carousel Horse and Feather Fan dances.

Since her first appearance on the showbiz stage, the 35-year-old has brought the art of burlesque to the mainstream.

She said recently: "Many people are learning about the whole burlesque revival. The more people see you, one person talks to another, they start talking about retro burlesque. It's the buzz and all the rage right now.

"I am trying to appeal to the average person. I am trying not to be too fetishy or hard-core. Different people do burlesque in different ways. I decided to go in the mainstream direction. I think that my look can appeal to wider fan base."

No comments: